Interested in joining one of San Diego's top tech startups as an Agile Release Manager to help revolutionize the transportation industry?
Who you are:
We are looking for a qualified Agile Release Manager to join our team here in San Diego, CA. You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the delivery of many software products to Enterprise Customers in the Logistics Space. This involves release preparation, scheduling, communication, monitoring, and reporting, and will require interaction with Product Managers, Engineers, QA, internal Business Stakeholders, and Customer Stakeholders.
Platform Science employs Scrum-based Agile software development practices, with a growing number of Scrum teams owning different products in our product suite. The Release Manager role will serve as the coordinator amongst these teams to deliver the software they’re iterating on.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, experience with Agile software development, experience in the Enterprise Software space, with a plus being past experience in software engineering.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Communicate release details and schedules to internal and external business partners as needed, including Stakeholders at Enterprise Customers
- Coordinate with multiple software development product teams to build and release our products with quality, consistency, and excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Product Management, Operations, and QA to deliver both new products and releases to existing products
- Manage risks and resolve issues to keep project deliveries on track
- Continuously work to make improvements in the release process
- Experience delivering software to large enterprise organizations
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Excellent written/documentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating multi-component software deployments, including rollback planning and risk mitigation analysis
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills, formal training in project management practices preferred
What you get by joining Platform Science:
- Fast growing company with endless opportunity
- Fun and energetic team fostering creativity and innovation
- Work in a fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- Work with an intelligent team and solve meaningful problems
- Exposure and experience working within a broad technology stack
- 0% Turnover rate (we really like it here)
- Team learning Fridays
- Office outings to celebrate achievements
- Casual dress
- Flexible hours
- We are a San Diego made company
- Just a few short miles from the beach
- 266 days of Sunshine a year
- Located in the growing UTC area
- New office with top floor views
- Snacks all day, every day
- On-tap Cold Brew and Kombucha
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Walking distance from UTC mall and a variety of other local restaurants
- Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance Options (some options are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Free membership to on-site gym
- Bi-Weekly Chair Massage
- Optional standing desks
- Time off
- 12 paid Holidays
- 15 vacation days
- 3 sick days
- Competitive Base Salary
- Eligible for participation in employee stock option plan
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Platform Science replaces legacy telematics solutions with a revolutionary IoT ecosystem designed to unlock the value of disconnected data streams throughout the transportation and logistics industry. Partnering with industry leaders across the supply chain, Platform Science has developed tools that provide first-of-their-kind solutions to today’s problems, and an unlimited canvas to innovate and create new solutions as our customer’s needs, business, and industries evolve. At a time when both regulation and innovation are causing change at a pace never seen before, Platform Science was built to arm its customers with the tools to compete with change, and come out ahead.
VC backed and collaboratively developed with international leaders in supply chain logistics, we are well positioned to disrupt both the $20B fleet management sector and over $10T dollar logistics space. With over 100 million miles on the road we are in production deployment infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
Based out of San Diego our team is composed of product development experts, data scientists, leading software/hardware technologist and transportation industry veterans . We have embraced San Diego as home base for innovation, ground true vehicle testing and as the natural playground we love. Our diverse team embraces creative thinking as we pride ourselves as collaborative force for innovation in IoT.