QA Engineer - Vehicle Data
Interested in joining one of San Diego's top tech startups as a QA Engineer - Vehicle Data to help revolutionize the transportation industry?
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced, process-oriented QA Vehicle Data Test Engineer to come join our team of quality professionals. The QA Vehicle Data Test Engineer will have experience working with Vehicle CAN bus protocols (OBD-II and J1939) and an RTOS embedded device. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding and demonstrated knowledge of Linux tools and operating systems, various device interfaces/communications protocols (serial, Ethernet, TCP/IP) and wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, cellular CDMA/GSM). This position requires an individual with a good technical foundation and ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly. The candidate will have an excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
What you bring to the table:
- At least three years of formal and organized embedded device testing experience.
- At least 5 years of real world experience with Vehicle CAN bus protocols (OBD-II and J1939)
- Demonstrated work experience with mobile electronics (GPS, handheld devices)
- Experience with Vehicle Simulation tools such as Vector CANalyzer, Intrepid NeoVi/Vehicle Spy
- Advanced knowledge of wired and wireless computer networking
- 3+ years experience writing Python scripts
- Familiarity with embedded device Linux variants such as OpenWRT or Yocto with BusyBox
- Must have strong analytical, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
What will make you stand out:
- AS or equivalent ASE-Vehicle electronics skills and/ or industry certification (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP)
- Experience working with Web Services, AWS, Java, SOA technologies
- Experience with software distribution via package management solutions
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Growing company with endless opportunity
- Fun and energetic team fostering creativity and innovation
- Fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- Work with an intelligent team and solve meaningful problems
- Exposure and experience working within a broad technology stack
- 0% Turnover rate (we really like it here)
- Team learning Fridays
- Office outings to celebrate achievements
- Casual dress
- Flexible hours
- We are a San Diego made company
- Just a few short miles from the beach
- 266 days of sunshine a year
- Located in the growing UTC area
- New office with top floor views
- Snacks all day, every day
- On-tap Cold Brew and Kombucha
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Walking distance from UTC mall and a variety of other local restaurants
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance Options (some options are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Free membership to on-site gym
- Bi-Weekly Chair Massage
- Optional standing desks
- 12 paid Holidays
- 15 vacation days
- 3 sick days
- Competitive Base Salary
- Eligible for participation in employee stock option plan
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Platform Science replaces legacy telematics solutions with a revolutionary IoT ecosystem designed to unlock the value of disconnected data streams throughout the transportation and logistics industry. Partnering with industry leaders across the supply chain, Platform Science has developed tools that provide first-of-their-kind solutions to today’s problems, and an unlimited canvas to innovate and create new solutions as our customer’s needs, business, and industries evolve. At a time when both regulation and innovation are causing change at a pace never seen before, Platform Science was built to arm its customers with the tools to compete with change, and come out ahead.
VC backed and collaboratively developed with international leaders in supply chain logistics, we are well positioned to disrupt both the $20B fleet management sector and over $10T dollar logistics space. With over 100 million miles on the road we are in production deployment infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
Based out of San Diego our team is composed of product development experts, data scientists, leading software/hardware technologist and transportation industry veterans . We have embraced San Diego as home base for innovation, ground true vehicle testing and as the natural playground we love. Our diverse team embraces creative thinking as we pride ourselves as collaborative force for innovation in IoT.