Senior Web Developer
Interested in joining one of San Diego's top tech startups as a Full Stack Web Developer (PHP) to help revolutionize the transportation industry?
Who you are:
We are looking for a qualified Senior PHP Web Developer to join our telematics team here in San Diego, CA. You will be hired on as a full time Web Developer to help enhance our mobile applications within our existing and new SaaS product offerings.
- 5+ years experience of Object Oriented PHP
- A solid portfolio of experience building web services/APIs for mobile or other server side applications
- API Design and Integration experience (REST, SOAP)
- Architecture pattern experience in Model View Controller
- Database design experience, with understanding of various ORMs such as Eloquent
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Experience Working with PHP frameworks
- Some nice to haves; Python, System Architecture Design, CI/CD, TDD, Agile/Scrum, Linux administration, Big Data, working with Hardware, AWS, Java, SOA, Mobile Dev Experience.
- Growing company with endless opportunity
- Fun and energetic team fostering creativity and innovation
- Fast-paced development environment where you will see the results of your work immediately
- Work with an intelligent team and solve meaningful problems
- Exposure and experience working within a broad technology stack
- Team learning Fridays
- Office outings to celebrate achievements
- Casual dress
- Flexible hours
- We are a San Diego made company
- Just a few short miles from the beach
- 266 days of sunshine a year
- Located in the growing UTC area
- New office with top floor views
- Snacks all day, every day
- On-tap Cold Brew and Kombucha
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Walking distance from UTC mall and a variety of other local restaurants
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance Options (some options are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Free membership to on-site gym
- Bi-Weekly Chair Massage
- Optional standing desks
- 12 paid Holidays
- 15 vacation days
- 3 sick days
- Competitive base salary
- 401(k) plan
- Cell/data reimbursement plan
- Eligible for participation in employee stock option plan
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Platform Science replaces legacy telematics solutions with a revolutionary IoT ecosystem designed to unlock the value of disconnected data streams throughout the transportation and logistics industry. Partnering with industry leaders across the supply chain, Platform Science has developed tools that provide first-of-their-kind solutions to today’s problems, and an unlimited canvas to innovate and create new solutions as our customer’s needs, business, and industries evolve. At a time when both regulation and innovation are causing change at a pace never seen before, Platform Science was built to arm its customers with the tools to compete with change, and come out ahead.
VC backed and collaboratively developed with international leaders in supply chain logistics, we are well positioned to disrupt both the $20B fleet management sector and over $10T dollar logistics space. With over 100 million miles on the road we are in production deployment infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
Based out of San Diego our team is composed of product development experts, data scientists, leading software/hardware technologist and transportation industry veterans. We have embraced San Diego as home base for innovation, real world vehicle testing and as the natural playground we love. Our diverse team embraces creative thinking as we pride ourselves as collaborative force for innovation in IoT.